Saturday, July 24, 2010

"Greece" Eurovision Song Contest 2010 Video

I was looking for some music inspiration while blogging for more than four hours now. Luckily, I stumbled on this video. Check this song 'Opa' by Giorgos Alkaios & Friends.



I did not understand the song, frankly, but I can feel the upbeat sound inspiring me so I decided to play this for my temporary blogging background music.

If you are curious about Giorgos Alkaios, here's what I got from their youtube video description:

Giorgos Alkaios is one of the few Greek artists who holds the record for consecutive concerts during the last decade in Cyprus, Germany, England, Canada, Australia and in the USA. Over the years more than 300,000 people have watched Giorgos performing live.
Giorgos Alkaios is known to non-Greeks as well, due to his appearance in charts around the world. Outside Greece he is considered as an ethnic artist, and for that he has been invited to perform in prestigious venues.
His song Syrmatoplegma became the anthem of the famous football team Galatasaray, when the team won the transcontinental Cup and the UEFA cup.
His first platinum record abroad came from Sweden, when Antique performed his song Opa-Opa a top hit in charts around Europe.

Although his performance only landed on the 8th spot after the competition, the great comments from his youtube listeners still proved that he is a performer worth your attention. Feel free to listen to how he interpreted the song nicely. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment